The Growing Place has many connections to the community in Santa Monica. Among them are:
- The Growing Place is an active member of the Santa Monica Child Care and Early Education Task Force.
- We are part of the Westside Collaborative – schools interested in constructivist ideas and teaching inspired by the schools in Reggio Emilia, Italy. We work closely together throughout the year, joining annually for professional development experiences.
- ReDiscover is a non-profit, community resource that promotes creativity in early childhood and elementary education while encouraging environmental responsibility. They recycle everyday discards donated by businesses, such as plastic, fabric, wire, wood, metal, glass, and more and give them new purpose as hands-on learning materials.
- The Growing Place was instrumental in initiating the Santa Monica subsidy fund administered by Connections for Children. We accept children subsidized by the Alternative Payment Program. For more information contact, www.cfc-ca.org.
- The Growing Place believes that all children deserve a quality early childhood education. Since we are limited in the number of families we can serve each year, we have several programs to support teachers and child development students. Please see our Visitors Section for information on how we support students and educators, and visiting opportunities at The Growing Place.